Information for EV Owners (and everyone else, too!)
WELCOME EVERYONE! Participation in the Festival is free for all! Plus every driver of an EV receives a complementary lunch (be sure to collect your coupon from the Registration Desk!)
EV owners – please arrive as early as possible (ideally, before 11 am) to ensure we can safely park you with the rest of the wonderful EV’s! One of our volunteers will direct you to a spot. And be sure to watch for the drone taking pictures overhead during the day!
Once you have parked, look for the MANY things we have arranged for everyone in the family, in the “FUN ZONE”:
- Did you enjoy our Scavenger Hunt? Details are attached – learn more about the Sunshine Coast and have a chance to win great prizes! (Please hand in your completed entries at the Registration Table.)
- Do you enjoy geocaching? We will have ‘caches’ on site for you to discover!
- Enjoy the Human Foosball Tournament! (Sign up at the Registration Table – join others or make your own team of 6!)
- Play Giant Jenga or Ker-Plunk!
- Challenge your friends to Pool Noodle Target Throwing and Pool Noodle Ring Toss!
You can also enjoy a walk on the beach (watch for the fish jumping, maybe a seal or two and the birds above!) And, go for a swim in the ocean (yes, it IS the ocean!) And, enjoy the live music on Centre Stage along with some delicious food from our vendors (including our covered Beer Garden!)
Last, but certainly not least, talk to EV owners and our wonderful EV vendors. Learn about the great opportunities and benefits of being an EV owner – starting with “IT’S FUN!”
Any questions? Find us at the Registration Table in the Fun Zone! Or call 604 740 6268.
Charging Options and Tips
Want to recharge before heading home? Sechelt and the Sunshine Coast have LOTS of Level 2 chargers available. Four are located downtown – about 5 km from the Festival. Two in the Trail Bay Shopping Mall and two close by, outside the Sechelt Public Library.
We also have a DC Fast Charger in Sechelt! We recommend that you sign up at the Registration Desk, so we can ensure as many people as possible can use this charger.
You should leave the Festival venue about 10 minutes before your allotted time for charging. (The charger is actually located in the parking lot of our main shopping mall so you can do a quick bit of shopping, while you wait!) But please be sure to keep your charging – and parking in the reserved spots – to a minimum, to give others the chance to recharge.
Returning on BC Ferries:
- Ferries depart today at 4:50, 6:50, and 8:45 pm.
- The drive to the Ferry Terminal is 31 km and takes about 35 minutes.
- In planning when to leave, it’s best to check online (www.BCFerries.com) for the Current Conditions. (Note that you MUST be at the ferry terminal at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.)
- Ferry reservations are available for purchase (not less than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time and subjective to availability.)
- There are several Level 2 chargers in Gibsons, enroute to the Ferry
- The Registration Desk will be pleased to help you plan your return trip.
- After leaving the ferry, the steep hill out of Horseshoe Bay takes quite a bit of energy, but then the freeway is mostly downhill so it doesn’t take much energy (remember to drive at your optimum speed to maximize your distance!)