Information for EV Owners (and everyone else, too!)
WELCOME EVERYONE! Participation in the Festival is free for all!
EV owners – please arrive as early as possible (ideally, before 10 am) to ensure we can safely park you with the rest of the wonderful EV’s! One of our volunteers will direct you to a spot.
Charging Options and Tips
Want to recharge before heading home? Sechelt and the Sunshine Coast have LOTS of Level 2 chargers available. Four are located downtown – about 5 km from the Festival. Two in the Trail Bay Shopping Mall and two close by, outside the Sechelt Public Library.
We also have a DC Fast Charger in Sechelt! We recommend that you sign up at the Registration Desk, so we can ensure as many people as possible can use this charger.
You should leave the Festival venue about 10 minutes before your allotted time for charging. (The charger is actually located in the parking lot of our main shopping mall so you can do a quick bit of shopping, while you wait!) But please be sure to keep your charging – and parking in the reserved spots – to a minimum, to give others the chance to recharge.
Returning on BC Ferries:
- Ferries depart today at 3:25, 5:30, and 7:35
- The drive to the Ferry Terminal is 31 km and takes about 35 minutes.
- In planning when to leave, it’s best to check online (www.BCFerries.com) for the Current Conditions. (Note that you MUST be at the ferry terminal at least 10 minutes before the scheduled departure time.)
- Ferry reservations are available for purchase (not less than 3 hours before the scheduled departure time and subjective to availability.)
- There are several Level 2 chargers in Gibsons, enroute to the Ferry
- The Registration Desk will be pleased to help you plan your return trip.
- After leaving the ferry, the steep hill out of Horseshoe Bay takes quite a bit of energy, but then the freeway is mostly downhill so it doesn’t take much energy (remember to drive at your optimum speed to maximize your distance!)